ATHLETE : MADII HIMBURY
AGE : 23
DISCIPLINE: AUSTRALIAN FREESTYLE MOGUL SKIER
Australian World Cup Team
New South Wales Academy of Sport
Madii had just finished up her first World Cup season for Freestyle moguls, where she qualified for multiple finals throughout the season. Consequently, she was selected to compete at World Championships and on the Australian Olympic Shadow team. This puts Madii in an excellent position leading into next years Winter Olympic games in Pyeongchang, Korea.
Madii has recovered from many injuries including two ACL reconstructions and two lumbar spine fractures. MyPhysio created individualised programs by combining Clinical Pilates and direction bias into muscle recruitment, strength and power programs. This combination enabled Madii to return to peak physical condition, helping her ski faster and jump bigger. Jumping form a ranking outside the top 80 in the world to inside the top 20 – a spot on the Olympic team beckons!
We wish the best of luck to Madii in her upcoming season leading into the 2018 Winter Olympics.
- 10th Calgary World Cup 01/2017
- 16th Tazawako World Cup 02/2017
- 20th Sierra Nevada World Championships 03/2017
- 5th US Selections 12/2016
- 3rd Park City Nor-am 02/2016
- First Australian girl to podium finish at a NOR-AM Competition 02/2014
- Second Australian girl to complete a backflip with a full-twist on snow 01/2015