Myotherapy is the combination of eastern and western treatment modalities. "Myo" means muscle meaning "Muscle Therapy", using specialised techniques treatments are customized accordingly to the patient to provide pain relief. Myotherapy focuses on musculoskeletal problems where muscles and joints become stressed and illicit pain, as well as pain referral (pain to other areas of the body).
Problems Myotherapy commonly treat include:
- Headaches including migraines
- Muscle and joints sprains/ Strains, including whiplash injuries
- Joint and muscle soreness, stiffness, loss of range of motion issues
- Back and spinal discomfort and pain
- Plus many more!
Patients are assessed through a range of orthopaedic and functional tests directed at pinpointing the source of the presenting problem, and then treated using a range of the following techniques and modalities;
- Advanced muscle manipulation
- Dry needling
- Tens machine
- Dynamic taping
- Thermotherapy/ Cryotherpy
Myotherpy is beneficial across the board and benefits all kinds of athletes at all levels, tradesmen and women as well as corporate workers.